Sunday, October 30, 2011

34w 5d

Yesterday I was having back pain all day. It wasn't just uncomfortable. It was pain that doesn't go away. I laid in bed, took multiple baths, but nothing was working to alleviate the pain.

We canceled our plans to go to Matt and Anna's Halloween party. This is a big deal - I've been working on our costumes for the past month!! Just in case I was in labor, I didn't eat anything after lunch.

My sis sent me a text about delivering the toddler bed for Grant. I ended up asking her to come over and stay with Grant so Derek and I could go to the hospital to be checked. I texted Nurse Lolly with all my details. I'm terrible at telling if I'm having contractions, but I know I was having some. Lolly thought the hospital trip was a good idea too.

So after showers and packing, we headed to the hospital. I was quite sure I wasn't delivering. But I wanted to have peace of mind.

We got to the hospital and went to triage to be monitored. My contractions were 2-4 minutes apart. I had no change in my cervix though (not dilated), so that was good news! The nurse asked 500 questions, then called my doc. The doc didn't like me having such intense contractions so frequently when I have a scar on my uterus (from the prior C) and because it's still too early to deliver. The doc ordered tributaline and oral hydration. I then had to be monitored for about 2 hours. Derek worked in a nap.

The tributaline did the trick - the contractions slowed and lessened in intensity. We were sent home around midnight, grabbed some Whataburger taquitos and came home!

I don't think I could have slept at all if we didn't go to the hospital - the pain was just too intense. I'm glad we went to the hospital! I'll have a follow up visit with my OB this week.

A big thanks to my favorite sister for taking care of my little man!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had everything checked out. Thinking of you a lot these days.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am glad you went in! Terb is a good drug to stop ctx!

    ReplyDelete