
We settled on a name - after SOMEONE going back and forth for the past few months! (guilty) We "tried on" several names - meaning I would wake up, decide on one of our "short list" names and use that name for a week or so. After about a week, I would (for no reason whatsoever) decide that name wasn't right and try on a new one.
We ended up where we started - a name we had "short listed" before we knew that Grant was a boy.
Abigail is a name we both liked. Grant and Kennedy both have "presidential" names - this wasn't an important factor for me, but Abigail is the name of TWO first ladies - Adams and Fillmore. If we were REALLY tied to a presidential name, this baby would have been named "Taylor", but American Idol threw a wrench in that plan.

Another one of our favorite names, Monica, got the boot because if the name has any presidential ties at all, they are all negative!
The middle name, Rose, is after my own mother. Another favorite of ours that we "tried on" was Jo - an homage to Derek's mother and his Great Great Grandmother (both Joyce) pictured in the post below.
I love her name and am happy to give this belly a name!! Grant is working on saying "Ah-bee" but it's not quite understandable yet.
I love her name! So sweet! And I love the name board! Pretty crafty!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the name! So sweet!
ReplyDelete