They watched Grant and Lola on Saturday and we went to Austin. I'm sure I told my mom that Lola was staying there too - they are a package deal... but I think she was focused on my boy because she seemed surprised by Lola!
This was Grant's first night away from both of us. There have been trips by one of us out of town, and there have been date nights - but they always ended with us picking up Grant (and waking up with him in the morning). Almost 16 months old. It was long overdue!
On the way down we stopped by Round Rock Donuts. I got a regular chocolate glazed donut. It was AMAZING. It's the perfect blend of Krispy Kreme and a regular donut. Derek got the Texas-sized glazed donut (which he saved for Sunday morning and ate the entire donut in about 15 minutes) and a cinnamon roll that he rated in the top 3 cinnamon rolls ever (would have been higher if it was warm).
We stayed at my friend Cat's mom's house. She had homemade chicken salad, beer and cheese and crackers for us, plus a full breakfast menu for in the morning! The ladies hung out by the pool and the guys watched football. I was on a raft, relaxing by the pool - without entertaining a 1 year old. It was great!
Meanwhile, back at the farm - Grant was barefoot and BUSY!!
Back in Austin, some streets were closed in downtown, so we walked into the church JUST after the bride went down the aisle. oops. I think that may be the only wedding we've ever been late to! To be fair - we weren't driving and were with 4 other people.
The church was beautiful - the ceremony was great. Because it included mass, I figure it counts as going to church! The reception was awesome too! Derek may have had the most fun! He was accused of double-fisting all night.
Part of our table:

Soon-to-be mamas and 2 of the hottest ladies at the wedding:

My hot date:

BELLIES!!! We are (approx.) 15 weeks, 22 weeks and 30 weeks:

The dance floor was full ALL NIGHT! Any time I was out there, I was dancing on the carpet because the actual floor was FULL of people! It was great!! And if the dance floor is too full for you to be full out, the only solution is to dance at your table! Proof of the fun and goofiness of the evening:

Clearly a good time was had by all.
I managed to not get a single photo of the bride and groom, but they had the pros on hand to do that. Erin did send a sneak peak of her bridals a few weeks ago. She was a strikingly gorgeous bride.

We partied hard, then crashed hard back at the house. Derek and I both slept until 8:30 a.m.!!! It was great - we didn't have to worry about our boy and that was the icing on the cake for such a fun weekend. I knew he was in good hands at Grandma Rose and Papa's house. Both he and Lola played so hard that they slept the entire way home. And once we were back, Grant was so sweet with Lo - giving her hugs and petting her (ACTUALLY petting - not grabbing and giggling). It was precious.

But the extra nap wasn't enough for Grant - he was POOPED from playing with Grandma Rose and Papa! He was so tired that he was falling over while walking at 7 p.m. He managed to get several new bumps and bruises before we called it an early night at 7:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment