Monday, September 19, 2011

Remembering

It was only 2 years ago, but it seems like a life time ago that we found out we were expecting our first baby.

It was a great day! I spent the entire day with great friends as we prepared and celebrated Jesse and Rachel's marriage. All of these friends are still close today, and I find that to be sort of remarkable. Two are getting married this weekend, two are pregnant, and the gorgeous bride from 2 years ago is "pregnant on paper" as she says - preparing to bring 2 babies home in the next few months.

Grant was the first baby in our group, and I feel like memories of him are intertwined with everyone. Last weekend at the Prudes', Grant was trying to explore the guest house, and Jeff commented that he was "discovered" there. Just last week, Erin sent me photos of Grant over at Adolph's when he was about 2 months old that she had found recently.
As our families and friendships grow, I look forward to us gathering for birthdays, barbeques and vacations. I'm already hoping we can make regular trips together like my cousin Amy and her friends' families.

Two years ago, my heart leapt with joy when I saw the word "PREGNANT". Today it melts daily when my baby says "MAH-MA". Feeling so thankful and so blessed today at what God has given us over the past 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment