I was home with a sick boy today. After his doctor's appointment and a good nap, we headed to Dallas for my doctor's appointment. It was supposed to be a simple assessment of my shoulder, with a steroid shot that would follow some time later this week.
BUT the doctor will not do a steroid shot because it is localized and she needs imaging while she does it. And if you're pregnant, they won't X-ray you unless... oh - I don't know - probably only if you're dying. But she didn't mind taking my $40 co-pay and 2 hours of my life (with a sick 15 month old = fun). So all hope of pain subsiding for the next 3 months of my pregnancy has now dissolved. The good news is that I can get a shot after I deliver - so if the pain DOES persist, I may be asking for it while I'm still in the hospital.
I met a SAHD (Stay at home dad) in the waiting room. He told me that his youngest was born early at only 2 pounds (and her twin sister didn't make it). She was in the hospital for 8 months and only weighed 6 pounds on her second birthday. She is now an average 7 year old. My weekly pregnancy email says that my baby is just over 2 pounds. So really, I should feel fortunate for each day of pain because it means my baby is getting stronger and healthier.
And I do feel fortunate - but I also feel pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment