Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grantler update

My boy is finally well!! He's eating Grant-sized portions again (which equal my-size portions), chasing Lola like it's his job, and most importantly - he's fever free!! Either the virus or the antibiotic is doing a number on his bottom though - he's got a terrible diaper rash - the worst he's ever had. And it appeared in just a few hours while he was at day care yesterday. We gave him a bath and let him run around naked last night for a long time (long enough to pee twice - on the tile! So much better than the carpet.).

It was the longest Grant had gone without a diaper. He was so cute - and quite fascinated with his "unit". (Derek says we will teach him to call it that... I'm not so sure). He would find it, turn 90 degrees, then find it again - I think he was learning that it won't disappear!

Here are some recent photos from daycare in July and August:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Please ignore the homely clothes in this next photo. He must have gotten food all over the outfit that I sent him in and had no back-up clothes handy. These are daycare threads. I love when Derek picks him up in clothes that aren't his and Derek has no idea.
Photobucket

Had to post this pic - it's the one kid in class that's bigger than Grant. He's a brick. Grant may or may not have been caught giving him kisses a few weeks ago.
Photobucket

Grant has also added a fourth body part to his repertoire - EARS! He now knows toes, belly button, ears and baby. Yep - I'm counting "baby" even though he points to his own belly. I think he tried to say "Yellow" 2 nights ago too - and when I'd ask him, he'd point to the yellow triangle.

He's picking up on more and more. I sing "Old McDonald" often when changing his diaper and I like to say he had a baby - usually because I want to imitate Grant's crying on the changing table. This morning I said the line and he looked at me with a huge grin and said "BAY-BEEEE". It was in the middle of a line - I wasn't trying to provoke him to say it or anything!

Makes me worry that he could pick up on a whole host of words I had hoped we could get away with saying for several more years months. Oh well - at least he was asleep during the Cowboys game last weekend. He would have gotten QUITE an education!

No comments:

Post a Comment