Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Changes coming soon

A few weeks ago, we reunited with our poker buddies (and cousin), Matt and Julie. The next weeek, we played poker again and stayed up chatting far past our bedtimes. I can't say for sure if it was the wine, the late hour, or a well thought out design, but we ended up with a plan by the end of the night.

Julie would keep Grant for a "trial week". If all went well, Grant could start staying with her instead of going to day care. If not, no big deal - he's at a great day care.

Last week was the trial week. Grant had a BLAST!! On Monday, he cried a little when I left. Julie sent me this photo, though saying he calmed down and they bonded over waffles.

Julie has great toys too.

Julie's oldest has preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so on day 2, Julie got adventurous and went to the park.

The kids had a blast and I think Julie got a little exercise herself on the way home. She pushed the double stroller a few extra laps while the kiddos napped. Double strollers are not the easiest thing in the world to push around.

But Grant's favorite toy by far was the child-safe stool. I don't know what to call it. Here's a sample:

With this nifty gadget, he can stand on his tip-toes, and if he holds his tongue JUST RIGHT, he can turn light switches on and off or play with door locks and knobs. In other words - a little piece of heaven on earth. Matt made the stool when their little one became fascinated with light switches. Matt's handy like that.

Julie's oldest showed Grant how to climb in and out of it, and he mastered that in just one day. I think that may have accelerated Grant's desire to climb. He's tried to climb onto his activity table (but failed) and the ottoman (and succeeded) since last week - both new adventures for him. We also got a step stool for the bathroom so he can wash his hands and brush his teeth - further encouraging the new desire to climb.

So I put notice in to daycare that Grant is leaving. Breaking up is hard to do, but I know it's for the best. He's been far more reserved at drop off the past 2 days also and the only time he wanted his mama at Julie's was the first day. Grant will learn a lot from his older cousin (Derek would correct me and say THIRD cousin).

He starts full time with Aunt Julie on October 17th! We want him settled into that routine before Abby comes and rocks his world. I can't wait for his new adventures, and to see if Julie (k/n/a Super Hot Nanny) pulls all of her hair out before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Aunt Julie! Grant is in good hands...so glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete