Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We fit in a lot of family time over labor day weekend!

On Friday night, we played poker (again) with Matt and Julie... then stayed up until 2 am. Ordinarily, that's a terrible idea. But Grant let us sleep in until 8:30 a.m. on Saturday! I had a glass of wine too - well - half a glass, then another half a few hours later.

Saturday was pretty lazy - we fit in our fair share of college football and errands, and I had to work a bit. Grant got to drive for a little bit - he and Derek do this every day. Grant can honk the horn in Derek's car and LOVES to do it!
Photobucket

On Sunday, Derek and Steve went down to Kaufman to set up the deer stand and feeders. Grant and I played around the house... this next photo needs a little explanation.

Grant loves flash cards and books. He gets his fill of flash cards at daycare and gets plenty of book reading at home. So when he found some flashcards in a random drawer at home, he had to study them!! Unfortunately, they were Kama Sutra flashcards that I had given to Derek for our first anniversary (paper is the traditional gift afterall).

After the morning at the house, we headed down to Red Oak to eat some fajitas and play with cousins!! We had a great time!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday night we went to the Dacuses to watch Texas A&M v. SMU. My ponies looked... like they always do. :) Grant played hard. I worked hard in their office.

Monday was another lazy day (but I managed to bill several hours). We went to the park as a family. Grant loved climbing up the stairs to the slide. He liked that even more than the slide itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment